TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- LOVERUN GLOBAL SDN BHD (Company No. 1246083-D) (“LOVERUN GLOBAL”), being the organiser of “Love Run 2018 @ Malaysia” (“Event”), hereby reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these Terms and Conditions of the Event from time to time as they absolutely deem fit without further notice to the Participant. If there is any ambiguity in any of the provisions, LOVERUN GLOBAL shall be the absolute authority to interpret and make the final determination. Any updates on the Terms and Conditions of the Event will be listed on the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com, and it is the responsibility of the Participant to keep abreast with any new changes.
- By registering as a Participant, you agree, on your own behalf and as agent on behalf of all persons for whom you are registering for, to be bound by LOVERUN GLOBAL’s Terms and Conditions stated herein, including any references to the same, and any updates and modifications made from time to time.
- Any complaints regarding the Event shall be directed solely to and dealt with by LOVERUN GLOBAL. Any complaints regarding the Venue shall be directed solely to and dealt with by the Venue owner.
PERSONAL INFORMATION & DATA
- By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) and/or service(s) and/or participate in any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving LOVERUN GLOBAL, the Participant is deemed to have given explicit permission in compliance with all laws, including but not limited to, the Personal Data Protection Act, for LOVERUN GLOBAL and the Sponsors to collect, analyse, collate, share, disclose to third parties, and/or otherwise use any personal information relating to that individual as may in its sole discretion deem fit. The data may be used without any limitation for its programmes, planning, data-processing and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL and the Sponsors hereby declare by virtue of being the Event organiser or sponsor, they can use any services of any third parties:
- For development or implementation of any programmes, products or services as it may deem necessary;
- For outsourcing of any programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) and/or any activities
- For promotional, marketing and/or administrative purposes;
- For all purposes as required by law, including without limitation, to court proceedings, criminal investigations or prosecutions, or where so ordered by any competent authority; and
- In connection with any proposed novation, assignment, transfer, sale, lease, license, partnership, joint-organising and/or any collaboration where and when required in relation thereto.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL may use the Participant’s image or likeness in any live or recorded video display, photograph, picture or publicity material or website, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising, publicity purpose and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
TICKET PURCHASE, EXCHANGE, TRANSFER, RESALE, REFUND & CANCELLATION
- Registration for the Event will only be confirmed upon payment made and upon issuance of an order number.
- Registration prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit).
- Malaysian law shall govern the payment for registration and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
- Participation is subject to the final acceptance by LOVERUN GLOBAL.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to accept or reject any order.
- No exchange of registration will be made under any circumstances and registration is strictly non-transferable.
- The resale of registration at the same or any price in excess of the initial purchase price is prohibited.
- No cancellation or refund will be allowed once registration is completed.
- If the Event is postponed or cancelled, a Postponement Publicity Notice or a Cancellation Publicity Notice respectively shall be placed on the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com, by LOVERUN GLOBAL.
- In consideration of the Participant’s use of the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com, the Participant agrees to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information contained in any registration form;
- Maintain the security of identification; and
- Maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or LOVERUN GLOBAL has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, LOVERUN GLOBAL may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse the Participant any and all future use of the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com (or any parts thereof).
- LOVERUN GLOBAL will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL may contact the Participant from time to time by email and/or mobile device.
- Any notice sent to the email address and mobile device registered with LOVERUN GLOBAL shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- Entry to the Event may be subject to age restrictions specified on the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com, or in publicity for the Event, and no refunds will be made on the grounds that the Participant was not aware of such age restrictions.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry to the Event and/or other programme(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any other activities involving LOVERUN GLOBAL and the Sponsors without giving any reason and/or notice.
EVENT PROGRAMME & VENUE
- Entry to the Venue will be subject to the Venue’s prevailing terms and conditions of entry.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL has no control over the maintenance or management of the Venue.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to amend the Event run routes as LOVERUN GLOBAL deems fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the Event Day. LOVERUN GLOBAL shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL may add, withdraw or substitute, and/or vary any advertised programmes and its content, Event times, seating arrangements and audience capacity without prior notice.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL, its agents and its employees shall not be liable for any death or personal injury.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right without refund or compensation to refuse admission/evict any person(s) whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate, or who poses a threat to security or to the enjoyment of the Event by others.
- The Venue owner/LOVERUN GLOBAL may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the Event due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or any other causes beyond reasonable control or for any reason whatsoever.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL, its agents and its employees shall not be liable for any loss or damage however caused while at the Venue.
- The Participant agrees to submit to any search for any prohibited items, including but not limited to, weapons, controlled, dangerous and/or illegal substances, and recording devices.
- The Participant voluntarily accepts and assumes all risks and danger incidental to the Event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the actual Event, including any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the Event baggage storage if so provided for the Participants. LOVERUN GLOBAL also reserves the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
- Race Packs will be distributed to registered Participants who opt for physical collection on a pre-ordained date and location, which will be announced on the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com. Participants must provide proof of identity upon collection. LOVERUN GLOBAL retains the right to refuse giving a Race Pack without giving any reason and/or notice.
- No refunds will be provided for any uncollected Race Packs.
- All Race Packs must be collected either on a pre-ordained date and location for physical collection, or delivery, by the Event Day and any requests for collection on or after the Event Day will not be entertained.
- All Race Packs not collected by the Event Day will be deemed unwanted, and LOVERUN GLOBAL shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute the Race Packs accordingly.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL shall not be held liable for any activity that is not considered as legal, committed either by an official charity partner, any organisations, or Participants who register and raise funds for the Event.
- All other charities or non-profit organisations must seek the approval of LOVERUN GLOBAL to take part in any fundraising project using the Event as a platform but not in conjunction with the Event. Please contact LOVERUN GLOBAL for further details.
RACE RULES & REGULATIONS
- Participants below the age of 18 will run at their own risk in the full responsibility of his/her consented parent/guardian and LOVERUN GLOBAL will not be held liable for any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability arising from this matter.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to publish to the public the start list of the Event and the full results after the Event on the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com, which will be visible to the public.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to cancel and/or add any category without prior notice to the Participant.
- A Participant must retire from the run immediately, if required to do so, by any member of the official medical staff, Run Director, Referee, and/or security officer.
- A Participant who is pregnant on the Event Day may not take part in the Event and LOVERUN GLOBAL shall not be held responsible for any death, personal injury, loss, damage or liability arising from this matter.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official Event and medical vehicles.
- Prams and push carts are allowed on the course in the Fun Run category if the Participant takes full responsibility and care in handling the pram/push cart. LOVERUN GLOBAL shall not be held responsible for any injuries or damages caused by negligence in handling the pram/push cart.
- Participants who commence to start before the actual flag-off of their registered run category will be immediately disqualified.
- Participants who do not start within 20 minutes of their respective category flag-offs, for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start and will be immediately disqualified.
- Participants must wear their assigned bib number, collected together with their Race Pack, visibly on their chest at all times. Participants who do not display bib numbers will be taken off the course by security officers/officials and immediately disqualified.
- If the Participant’s original bib number is lost or cannot be found during the Race Pack collection, LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to replace it with a spare bib number. LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to amend or substitute any Participant’s running bib at any time without prior notice to the Participant.
- Only Participants who have gone through the entire Event run route, according to the category that the Participant has registered for, and has crossed the finish line, will be entitled for the Finisher’s medal and certificate.
- All Participants who successfully complete the run category they are registered for will be awarded a Finisher’s medal upon presentation of their bib number to the respective staff on the Event Day.
- All Finisher’s medals must be collected on the Event Day and no requests will be entertained thereafter.
- All Participants who successfully complete the run category they are registered for will be awarded an e-certificate. The e-certificate will be made available on the official Event website, www.loverunglobal.com. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who were unable to complete the run or were disqualified. There will not be any hardcopy certificate mailed out.
- Each Participant is allowed to win only one award in the category that he/she has registered for.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
- Prize-winning Participants must report to the prize-giving zone. In case a Participant fails to do so, LOVERUN GLOBAL retains the right to dispose or re-distribute the award accordingly.
- All prize-winning Participants must present their original identification document (such as Passport or Identity Card) to collect their award.
- LOVERUN GLOBAL’s decision in any matter in relation to the Event will be final.
- The Professional Run category is an individual, competitive event.
- Participants of the Professional Run will be separated into FOUR (4) categories according to gender and age as follows:
- Open Category: Male – Between 18 to 39 years as of the Event Day
- Open Category: Female – Between 18 to 39 years as of the Event Day
- Veteran Category: Male – 40 years or older as of the Event Day
- Veteran Category: Female – 40 years or older as of the Event Day
- Participants who wish to take part in the Professional Run category must be 18 years old or older as of the Event Day.
- A Participant is considered a veteran if his/her 40th birthday falls on or before the Event Day and will automatically participate in the Veteran category.
- ONE (1) registered entry admits ONE (1) person ONLY.
- Each Professional Run Participant’s bib number will be embedded with a timing chip which will be used to measure the amount of time taken to complete the run. The “Net Time” will be used to get an overall ranking in the Participant’s respective category.
- Participants in the competitive Professional Run category must make sure that their bib number is not covered with a jacket or his/her arms when running.
- The first TEN (10) Participants to successfully complete the Professional Run in each of the FOUR (4) categories will be given a special prize.
- The Fun Run category is an individual, non-competitive event.
- Participants who wish to register in the Fun Run category must be 7 years old or older as of the Event Day.
- Participants below the age of 7 do not need to register, and accompanying parent/guardian take full responsibility for the Participant.
- Participants below the age of 18 as of the Event Day are required to obtain parental/guardian’s consent and submit the relevant indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by LOVERUN GLOBAL upon registration, failing which, LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to deny entry to the affected Participant.
- ONE (1) registered entry admits ONE (1) person ONLY, unless otherwise stated during the registration process that a child no older than 7 years old as of the Event Day will be participating in the Fun Run category along with the registered Participant.
ANGEL & GUARDIAN RUN
- The Angel & Guardian Run category is a group, competitive event meant for registered OKU/PWDs (Persons with Disabilities) and their respective guardian(s) only.
- OKU/PWDs who wish to take part in the Angel & Guardian Run category must be 7 years old or older as of the Event Day.
- All OKU/PWDs must be accompanied by a guardian who must be 18 years old or older as of the Event Day.
- The Angel & Guardian Run is free for all OKU/PWDs and their respective guardian.
- In case LOVERUN GLOBAL finds that a Participant who wishes to take part in the Angel & Guardian Run is, in fact, healthy and able, LOVERUN GLOBAL may ask them to:
- Join another category; or
- Disqualify them should they insist on participating in the Angel & Guardian Run category when they may, in fact, take part in the other categories.
- ONE (1) registered entry admits ONE (1) person ONLY.
- OKU/PWDs below the age of 18 as of the Event Day are required to obtain parental/guardian’s consent and submit the relevant indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by LOVERUN GLOBAL upon registration, failing which, LOVERUN GLOBAL reserves the right to deny entry to the affected Participant.
- For Angel & Guardian Run Participants, only ONE (1) parent/guardian will be issued with a free identification tag and allowed to accompany the Participant during the Event. If more than one guardian wishes to participate, they will need to pay for their registration separately. The accompanying parent(s)/guardian(s) must be in good health and must be 18 years old or older as of the Event Day to participate in the Event.
- Each OKU/PWD in the Angel & Guardian Run category can only have a maximum of TWO (2) additional paying guardians. This number does not include the parent/guardian issued with a free identification tag.
- Accompanying guardians must take full responsibility for their participating OKU/PWDs on the Event Day.
- The first THREE (3) Participants to successfully complete the Angel & Guardian Run with their respective guardians will be given a special prize.